Welcome to the 2011 Shakespeare Reading Challenge!
First off, the Levels:
1. Puck: Read 4 plays over the year, 1 of which may be replaced by a performance
2. Desdemona: Read 6 plays, 2 of which may be replaced by a performance
3. Henry V: Read 12 plays, 3 of which may be replaced by a performance
Now, the Rules:
1. All plays must be read between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011. Anything begun before that cannot be included.
2. Audio versions are also acceptable but all plays must be unabridged.
3. You don't need to list your plays ahead of time but you may, if you'd like.
4. Review pages for each month will be created but are optional.
When you sign up below, please link to your post about the reading challenge and leave me a comment telling me what level you will be doing.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Announcing the Shakespeare Reading Challenge for 2011!! I may live to regret this insanity but for the moment my plan is to read one play per month all year, following the chronology given in the Riverside Shakespeare. I will be updating this page soon, so check back and see the method in this madness and how you can take part.